The trees are still green and the air is still warm, so what better time to have a Christmas contest?
I’m giving away one brand new 2011 Lego Advent Calendar, and you could be the lucky winner!
Last year I opened my very first Lego Advent Calendar and wrote about each day’s item. (Click here to witness the birth of fun.) It was a glorious time and I had so much fun with the box of happiness that this year I’m buying two calendars: One for me and one for (possibly) you.
There was some debate this year if I was going to buy the standard Lego City Advent Calendar, or the new fancy Star Wars Lego Calendar. I’m sticking with the City set because the Star Wars set is double the price of the standard set and looks weak. Besides Santa Yoda, the rest of the items seem kind of…eh.
I much prefer the goofy and silly Lego City items, especially when the items are average, everyday things like sausage and extra sausage. Because I will be opening the Lego City set, that’s also the set I’m giving away. Sorry, Star Wars fans.
The contest is being held now because the Lego Advent Calendars are becoming more and more popular and there’s a very real chance that they will sell out by November. Plus, with shipping and whatnot, I want to make sure the winner receives the item before December so they can stare at the box every day with the same maddening anticipation that I feel. Actually, I hide the box from my eyes to avoid possible spoilers depicted in the box art, and I advise the winner to do the same.
To enter the contest, you must take the following Laser Farm pop quiz and score a 100%.
All answers can be found somewhere on this very webzone. Some are easy to find, some will take more digging. Most questions, but not all, pertain to last year’s Lego Advent Calendar blog posts. There are specific answers to the questions. Only those who answer all questions correctly will be officially entered to win. A random winner will be chosen from the correct entries next Tuesday.
Send your answers to LaserFarmContest@gmail.com
1. On the final list of Lego items, what item did I rank sixth overall?
2. What is Sword Boy’s full name?
3. The Christmas character Tootles has a catchphrase. What is the catchphrase and which celebrity do I want to play Tootles in the movie?
4. What does the Dairy Elf have instead of arms?
5. Sword Boy stood on the werewolf. Why did he do this?
6. What two items does Thaddeus (probably) keep in his briefcase?
7. What name appeared third on Santa’s nice list?
8. What did Sword Boy turn into after using a magical mystery item?
9. Beneath the Christmas tree in my room last year, a certain celebrity was dressed as Santa. Who is the celebrity?
10. What superhero does Cat Girl turn into?
The contest is open to anyone living in the contiguous United States. (Apologies to the citizens of Hawaii, Alaska, and Neptune.) The contest ends next Monday, September 12th at midnight (EST). The random winner will be notified via email. The winner will have 24 hours to reply to the notification and send me their address, or else I’m picking a new winner. Stay alert.
The prize will be sent directly to the winner from an online retailer.
If you are under the age of 18, please ask your parents for permission before entering.
Only one entry per person will be accepted.
This contest is not sponsored by or affiliated with any company or organization.